Monday, August 1, 2016

15mm Microtactix Normandy building project


These buildings are the continuing construction for some WWII 15mm war game props. None have their awnings or chimneys added yet. The two front right are the free tester model both printed in black and white. One has been coloured in with pencils. The barn building at back left is another freebie which you can find hidden in the Microtactix site. I've been printing these on plain paper then gluing them to cereal cardboard but it seems to be just that bit too stiff so I'll try printing onto cardboard when I remember to pick some up from the paper shop. 

Here you can see the underside. It's not possible to glue a base into them so I'm testing folding the bottom flaps inside as you can see on the right. I'll then make a base with a male plug to fit in the socket of the house.


I found a piece of buff? cardboard which I had in the hobby stash. It printed nicely and folds a lot easier so it looks like ill be switching to this method. I have noticed there are no bases in this set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment